Ronaldo’s contract with English giants Manchester United was terminated earlier this month after his controversial interview with Piers Morgan.
The 37-year-old is now free to join any club and has decided to to join the Saudi side for a deal estimated to be up to £173m-a-year.
In his interview with Piers Morgan, Ronaldo revealed that he received an offer of about £306m to join a Saudi Arabia side during the summer.
However, he found game-time hard to come by in the first half of the season. The Portuguese superstar managed just 520 minutes of Premier League action, scoring only one goal.
Following his departure, Ronaldo said:
“Following talks with Manchester United, we’ve mutually agreed to end our contract,” the striker said.
“I love Manchester United and I love the fans, that will never ever change.
“It feels like the right time to seek a new challenge. I wish Man Utd all the best.”
Ronaldo is on international duty with Portugal at the World Cup. The Portuguese are through to the next round of the competition, but will play their final group game on Friday.