Fulham boss Marco Silva furious after Manchester City defeat

Manchester City defeated Fulham 2-1 at Craven Cottage

Following Fulham’s 2-1 defeat to Manchester City at Craven Cottage, Fulham manager Marco Silva believed that several 50/50 decisions went against his side during the game.

City got off to a good start after Julian Alvarez was brought down in the penalty area after only 90 seconds from which Erling Haaland converted the resulting spot-kick.

Fulham equalized in the 15th minute through Carlos Vinicius’ left-footed strike from inside the box before Alvarez restored the Cityzen’s one-goal lead 10 minutes before half-time.

During the second half, there were several flashpoints for referee Simon Hooper to handle. Bobby De Cordova-Reid believed he was fouled in the penalty area, but Hooper dismissed his claims.

Similarly, Jack Grealish had several complaints regarding the referee’s decisions.

Fulham manager believes his team were hard done by the officials. He explained to BBC Sport: “I haven’t seen all the images [on his side’s penalty shout]”.

“During the match we felt that 50/50 decisions were against us again. It is what it is and can’t control it.”

“Disappointing result. Good work from the boys”.

“We were competitive throughout the match. When you concede a goal against City in the first minute it creates a difficult scenario for any team”.

“We showed the character to come back and equalise the game and start to have a bit more balance of the game. That was our best period of the match [after the equaliser]’.

“We conceded a goal, we cannot lose the ball the way we did. That is the mistake that we are punished by”.

“A great strike from Alvarez but we should’ve done much better before that. Second half we tried, we didn’t create many chances too”.

“We didn’t create any, they didn’t, the game was more balanced. We were competitive and tried until the last minute. We have to be proud of the boys.”


Share this post:


Scroll to Top
× How can I help you?