ADVERTISEMENT

Manchester United says Rashford has taken responsibility for his actions and matter now closed

Marcus Rashford was dropped from the Manchester United squad for the second time this season after reports that he was out late in the evening in Belfast, and then reported as ill to the club on Friday.

Manchester United have said that Marcus Rashford has “has taken responsibility for his actions” after claims he was out at bars late last week Wednesday and Thursday.

The club released its statement on Monday saying that they consider the matter “closed” and Rashford is again available for selection for Erik ten Hag.

The England striker missed training with the club last Friday, having told United that he was ill.

That came as reports surfaced that the 26-year-old forward had been in Belfast last week, and photographs appeared to show him out on the town.

Rashford was not part of the squad that beat Newport County 4-2 on Sunday evening, and when questioned about the matter, manager Erik ten Hag would only say that it was an “internal matter.”

In its statement on Monday evening, the club said: “This has been dealt with as an internal disciplinary matter, which is now closed.”

The BBC reports Rashford is now back in training and could be part of the squad for United’s away match against Wolverhampton Wanderers in the Premier League this Thursday.

Rashford has already been dropped from the side once before this campaign when he missed the fourth-round Carabao Cup tie against Newcastle after being seen in a nightclub in Manchester shortly after a 3-0 defeat to Manchester City in November.

After his best-ever haul of 30 goals last season in Ten Hag’s first campaign in charge, Rashford has netted just four times in the current campaign as the club struggles to recreate their best form.

Share this post:

ADVERTISEMENT

Scroll to Top
× How can I help you?